Latest Posts

Tokyo: Pure Cafe & 8ablish

By 09:58 ,

Pure Cafe is one of the few vegan places I've found that serves breakfast! It's located near Omotesando station. 

They serve Western-style food and the menu displayed is all in English!

Breakfast menu - 8.30am-11.30am (680 yen + tax). All items come with a soup or drink and we chose Today's Soup.

Mum's friend ordered the Grain Salad of the Month - Vege-Goreng.

Mum had Today's Muffin, which was a banana muffin. It didn't have the kueh taste present in some vegan bakes, which is great!

I chose Homemade Granola with Soy Yogurt. It tastes like how you'd expect granola to taste lol. But it seems like there's not much sugar in the granola so that's nice! We liked the soup, the ingredients are so generous.

Their drinks are served in a really cute mug with Eat Your Vegetables in cursive script printed on it, but too bad they don't sell it. :(

8ablish is a vegan restaurant under the same management as Pure Cafe. It has a more high-class feel and seems pricier (though based on the lunch menu it isn't).

It's just a short walk away so we had a light lunch there.


We ordered the Souvlaki Plate (1500 yen) which is served with a small salad and soup.

The skewer below the roasted veggies has the most delicious tempeh I've ever tasted!! It doesn't have the slightly sour bean-y taste and it's well-marinated such that even the inside is flavourful.

I also ordered their Vegan Soft Ice Cream with caramel sauce (500 yen in lunch menu, 600+ yen for takeaway I think), which I saw on their Facebook and is the main reason why I wanted to eat here lol. I forgot that I don't really like caramel oops (I should've chosen the Bergamot oil flavour instead) but this was still nice and creamy! I think this was the first vegan soft serve I've ever eaten.

I like both places but I'd prefer Pure Cafe for breakfast or lunch, and 8ablish for dinner (the menu in their sign looks great!)


Pure Cafe
Mon-Sun 8.30am-10.30pm
5 Chome-5-21 Minamiaoyama, Minato, Tokyo 107-0062, Japan
pure-cafe.com

Restaurant 8ablish
Lunch 11.00am-4.00pm (3.30pm L.O.)
Dinner 6.00pm-11.30pm (10.30pm L.O.)
Closed On 2nd & 3rd Tuesday
5-10-17 2F Minami Aoyama Minato-ku Tokyo
eightablish.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments